Amazon Releases Its Annual Shareholder Report for 2017
Today, the CEO and founder of Amazon, Jeff Bezos released the company’s annual report for shareholders. There are several major takeaways from the report, the growth of the business, and what the company looks like moving forward. 2017 was quite a year for Amazon, as it expanded its brick and mortar stores, purchased Whole Foods, and continued its growth in a number of different areas. A few of the interesting things that were revealed in Amazon’s annual shareholder report include the following:
- Amazon revealed that over 100 million people are members of Amazon Prime
- Amazon brought in $177 billion in revenue in 2017 alone
- Amazon shipped over 5 billion orders to Amazon Prime customers alone
- In 2017, Amazon made $9.7 billion from subscription services, which is only about 5.5 percent of the total revenue for the year
- The median salary for an Amazon employee in 2017 was only $28,446
- Amazon has 560,000 full time and part time employees
- Amazon’s mobile app was the most downloaded shopping app in India during 2017
Amazon is always looking to expand and is continuously trying to stay one step ahead of its competitors, namely Walmart, who is desperately trying to surpass Amazon. It will be interesting to see what the company does in 2018 to outshine itself in previous years.
If you are an Amazon seller and require the assistance of an experienced Certified Public Accountant, please contact Ebiz Accounting for an initial consultation. We provide Amazon business accounting services to clients in New York and throughout the United States.