With the newly-updated Amazon Seller app, you may now quickly respond to buyer’s questions and concerns on-the-go. If you are a business owner who is either always traveling or away from your computer, Amazon has just made it easier to ensure your customers are happy. The latest version of this app uses threaded messaging, as opposed to tapping across multiple screens to see your messages. Thankfully, Amazon has just delivered a more user-friendly messaging format for its sellers.
What may you use the Amazon Seller app for?
While this app makes contacting customers easier and more convenient for an on-the-go business owner, there are some restrictions on what you may or may not message a customer.
Your message may not include any of the following:
- Link to Amazon detail pages or storefronts
- Seller logos if they contain or display a link to the seller’s website
- Any promotions for additional products or referrals to third-party products or promotions
- Any marketing messages
- Links to any websites
What are some of the benefits of using the Amazon Seller app?
- You will have all your sent and received messages in one place
- Improved buyer-seller communication to help reduce dispute and claims
- Increased security of buyer-seller communication
- A record of all buyer-seller correspondence, resulting in faster dispute resolution by Amazon
It is also worth knowing that if you fulfill your own orders, Buyer-Seller Messaging should be enabled by default. The specialized knowledge you have regarding your product may help reduce return rates and encourage repeat purchases. If you have not yet given the Amazon Seller app a chance, it may be in your best interest to give it a try and see if it works for you.
If you are an Amazon seller and require the assistance of an experienced Certified Public Accountant, please contact Ebiz Accounting for an initial consultation. We provide Amazon business accounting services to clients in New York and throughout the United States.