Amazon is one of the most competitive marketplaces on the internet. Being an Amazon seller means that you are fighting to have your listing rank and appear higher than your competition. This may mean that there are mistakes made along the way. Continue reading to discover the top mistakes made by Amazon sellers to avoid.
What are the most common mistakes made by Amazon sellers?
- Disregarding your competition: One of the most important aspects of having a successful Amazon seller account is to keep up with your competition. Checking to see if your competition is featuring new aspects of their listing, noting if they are doing things that may spark negative reviews, and gaining an overall understanding of your competition can benefit your products greatly.
- Using slow or expensive shipping: Another big mistake Amazon sellers might make is offering slow or expensive shipping. Online shoppers typically chose Amazon for its fast, reliable, and inexpensive shipping options. It is important to meet your customer’s standards. Utilizing Amazon Prime is one of the best ways to win a customer’s purchase over another retailer.
- Poor product information: Product information is one of the most important ways for shoppers to find your listing and determine if they will purchase your product. Your product description is the best way to give shoppers the push to hit “Buy Now”. If you create a listing that has misinformation, this may lead to returns and negative reviews that may deter future customers. It is also important to have the correct categories on your listing so that your product can be easily found when searching. Images will also need to be high quality to boost your customer’s confidence in their purchase. Images help the shoppers to visualize them owning your product with ease.
- Not utilizing reviews: Sellers who aren’t leveraging customer reviews are missing out on the insight necessary to improve their listing and product. This is even true for negative reviews. Use your bad reviews to respond and fix any issues your customers might have. This will show your customers your loyalty to them and may improve your future customer’s trust in your brand.
- Competing with Amazon: It is common for sellers to release a product on Amazon that directly competes with Amazon’s products. It is best to avoid selling products that the Amazon brand already directly sells. It is nearly impossible to compete with Amazon’s margins and inventory levels.
Contact Our Team
If you are an Amazon seller and require the assistance of an experienced Certified Public Accountant, please contact Ebiz Accounting for an initial consultation. We provide Amazon business accounting services to clients in New York and throughout the United States. All Amazon sellers should have an accountant they can trust. If you are looking to expand your business, or even form a new one, do not hesitate to reach out to our knowledgeable team today.