Many Amazon sellers realize the benefit of creating Deals on select items. However, if you are a beginning or growing Amazon seller, you may have yet to do so. If you are looking to learn more about creating Deals on Amazon, here are some of the questions you may have:
How do I submit a Deal on Amazon?
First, in the Deals Dashboard, you must select “Create a new deal.” From here, you will follow the following steps:
- Select Products
- Schedule Deal
- Configure Deal
- Review & Submit
While you follow these steps, there are several things you must take into account. They are as follows:
- Search your products eligible for a deal by ASIN and SKU.
- When selecting eligible variations, it is important that you are as specific as possible. Amazon recommends that you include as many product variations as you can. Color, style, and size are just a few examples of variation.
- Deal price and schedule: There are two primary types of deals that Amazon Sellers can utilize. The first is called a Lightning Deal, which can run for 4 to 12 hours, though this is subject to change per locale. The other is known as a 7-day Deal, which runs, rather obviously, for 7 days. While you can select the week for your Deal, you may not select the date and time. When pricing your deal, you must consider the fact that deal prices sometimes fluctuate when changes are made to the current lowest price from an Amazon Seller offering the produce in new condition. You also cannot raise the price while a Lightning Deal is running.
- You must always ensure you have your proposed quantity of an item at least 7 days before the scheduled deal date.
- You should also keep in mind that each Deal you run will most likely come with an applicable fee. Additionally, not every deal is immediately approved. This is why it is wise to regularly check the status of your deal on the Deals Dashboard. If your Deal is cancelled, you may be at risk of FBA inventory and fees.
If you are an Amazon seller and require the assistance of an experienced Certified Public Accountant, please contact Ebiz Accounting for an initial consultation. We provide Amazon business accounting services to clients in New York and throughout the United States.